Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Welcome JettHeads!!!!

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Welcome JettHeads! The new Jett board looks great. This is a pretty cool board too.
    Hope you'll take a minute to register and say hello!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  2. #2
    Inactive Member JunkCultureBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2003
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello Gus. I'm a longtime Runaways fan. Just joining up to see what's going on and to chat about the music.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member JunkCultureBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2003
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My fave album?
    Waiting for the Night. It was the first one I ever heard. I had seen Queens of Noise for sale but didn't buy it. Then I saw a review slamming Waiting for the Night, but the song titles sounded cool and I thought how could the album be THAT bad? The same reviewer hated KISS, YES and Nazareth and I really liked those bands.
    So, I found the album that weekend and bought Queens of Noise also.
    I was a fan from the 1st song on Waiting for the Night. About a month later I found the first Runaways album. I think Cherry Bomb should have been a hit single!
    I didn't get the Live album until 1982.

    [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Jett Ford's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2001
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Hey all:

    JunkCultureBoy, anyone who claims "Waitin' for the Night" as their favorite album is a friend of mine! It's my favorite too....I love the songs, the production, and the cover, too. On the "Ask Joan" section of the website, someone asked her if it would ever come out on CD, and she said most likely no, unless Blackheart did it themselves---which could happen...(I'm totally paraphrasing) I have a couple of copies of the album, but no turntable...

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hi JunkCultureBoy,
    Welcome! This board gets going pretty good sometimes.
    So what's your favorite Runaways album.
    Mine is the first one and then Live In Japan!
    Take it easy!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  6. #6
    Inactive Member JunkCultureBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2003
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    I can't make a CD of Waiting for the Night but I could put it on tape for you Jett Ford.
    Would that help you?

    Waiting for the Night suffers from the same fate that Girlschool's Running Wild does...
    Neither album may ever appear on CD. Running Wild is Girlschool's only LP for Mercury (yes, the former Runaways label) and while many Girlschool "best of CDs" have been issued studio tracks from Running Wild remain un-issued on CD.

    Waiting for the Night's absence on CD makes it the great lost Runaways album. The other albums are "hard to find" on CD, but at least they've been on CD...

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Jett Ford's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2001
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    JunkCultureBoy:
    How sweet are you for offering the best album of all time on tape! Thank you so much, but I have been able to hear Little Sister, Gotta get out tonight (on which, if you listen carefully, there is a **** at the very beginning of the song---i kid you not) and Trash Can Murders on the computer. I don't think I've heard Fantasies in a while...I was never in to GirlSchool much..i just don't know their stuff. This new band a few years back called "Betty Blowtorch" was AMAZING, and then sadly the lead singer was killed. Do you have them? I could make you a copy of that great CD. The Bangles new CD (as of now only available on import) has about 4 awesome songs...Anyway, take it easy!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Jett Ford's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2001
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    O my god, f--a--r--t is a curse?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Jett Ford's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2001
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Dear JCB:
    Let me bring a copy of Betty Blowtorch to work this Friday; this woman that comes in on Friday nights (it's a restaurant) will burn it for me (actually, for YOU!) because i don't have a way to do it myself....You don't have to send me a tape of Waitin for the Night as the lovely Denise (Jett1) has sent me a copy--isn't that cool? So anyway, i'll take care of it, and I bet you'll love Betty Blowtorch.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member JunkCultureBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2003
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Jett Ford
    I'll trade a CD-r of Betty Blowtorch for a tape of Waiting for the Night and a CD-R of my choice as a surprise. (unless you have a request--keeping in mind that I can't put LPs on CD-R.

    [img]eek.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •